Campfires are the cause of numerous forest fires every year. Follow these steps to fully and safely enjoy your fire.
- PERPARE an open area on mineral soil, away from any combustible material (leaves, grass and so on).
- BUILD a fire no larger than 1 metre by 1 metre in size.
- KEEP AN EYE on the fire and have water at hand at all times.
- PUT OUT the fire by dousing the site thoroughly and stirring the embers.
- ENSURE that embers are cold to the touch.
[alert type=”success”] Keep in mind! A fire will not go out on its own. Hot embers can be reignited by the wind. [/alert]
Tips from the pros! Do not hesitate to touch the ashes to make sure that the fire is out. If you are unsure, pour more water on the fire!